A local tsunami can come on-shore within 10-15 minutes or sooner after an earthquake. Ground shaking from the earthquake may be the only warning you get.
If you feel an earthquake...
- Move immediately inland to high ground. Do not wait for an official siren.
- Go on foot if at all possible.
- Do not pack or delay.
- Do not return to the beach for at least 12 hours.
- Wait for the all clear from an official source.
The City of Bandon tests the distant tsunami alert siren on the first Wednesday of each month.
There are 3 assembly areas in Bandon.
- Bandon Community Center located at 11th St. SW (in the City Park)
- Bandon High School on 11th St. SW
- Jehovah's Witnesses Church on the corner of Hwy 101 and Doberman Lane.
These areas are where you can wait until the all clear signal is given.